It truly feels like I’ve won the lottery AGAIN. Since I posted this, I’ve gained 110 new followers and I can honestly say I have no idea why anyone has interest in what I say. I’m so lucky to have exceeded 4,000+ followers on twitter! But to be honest, it’s not the number alone that humbles me, but the genuine love and support I receive from the folks who let me know they care in the most sincere ways. From laughing with (or at) me when my kids say something hilarious, clicking on my blog posts about writing, entering my various contests, RTing me, listing me as a #FF (follow Friday) or #WW (writer Wednesday), to sending prayers and well wishes when I need it–my followers are the best! I recently lost my beloved pet parrot, Echo and the outpouring of love and support was what kept me sane. Thank you so very much. Below, you’ll find remnants of the original contest–which was I admit, very silly. The questions were many and hard. So, I’ve revamped them, made them a tad easier and now, there are ONLY FIVE! And note that I’ve added a 5th winner!
I looked up the definition of the word “follow” and below are some of the definitions that stuck out to me:
- To go after in or as if in pursuit
- To keep under surveillance
- To accept the guidance, command, or leadership of
- To act in agreement or compliance with
- To take as a model or precedent; imitate
- To keep oneself informed of the course, progress, or fortunes of
Then I looked up “follower” and it is defined as: a person who follows, especially the philosophy, ideas etc of another person.
See more definitions at The Free Dictionary by Farlex!
So, to say thank you to my dear friends and followers on twitter, I’m launching a contest! I’d like to see just how well you know me. Four (4) winners (chosen by Random.org) will receive one of the following:
- An ARC (advanced reader copy) of THE POWER OF SIX (sequel to I AM NUMBER FOUR)
- $10 iTunes Card
- $20 Barnes and Nobles Card
- Angel charm bracelet (choose the single or multi-charm bracelet)–two bracelets, two winners
What do you have to do to win? Answer the below questions to show how well you know me. HINT: you can find the answers by reading my recent tweets, clicking around this blog, visiting my YouTube channel, visiting my extremely sad Facebook author page and equally sad official author website at http://www.georgiamcbride.com. Good luck! This contest runs through July 15, 2011!
1. What is the name of my new parrot? Not Echo, the one who died, but the NEW one?
2. How many dogs do I have and what breed are they?
3. I founded a literary non-profit organization in 2009. What’s it called?
4. What is the name of the main character in my novel PRAEFATIO?
5. Which writer, producer, director do I most admire?
BONUS question 1: What does Gavin Vault do for a living?
Bonus question 2: Who is Remiel?
So, that’s it. 5 main questions (formerly 20) and two bonus questions. Open to international winners. Good luck and DO NOT LEAVE YOUR ANSWERS BELOW FOR OTHERS TO SEE. LEAVE YOUR ANSWERS AT www.georgiamcbride.com on the contact page and put twitter contest in the subject line. Copy and paste the questions and add your response. This way, your answers will be safe from the prying eyes of your competition! HAH! Click here to go directly to the contact page.